OMRI was created by certifiers, for certifiers, to ensure that inputs for organic use are verified thoroughly and consistently by one body with specific expertise for the job. Today, dozens of certifiers subscribe to OMRI for expert technical support. The OMRI website search offers a wealth of resources for certifiers conducting materials review, and subscribers can log in for a complete history of previously listed products. Partner with OMRI to receive real-time print and digital resources, along with support and training for all your staff.
Your subscription includes:
- Free and discounted OMRI lists for your clients and staff.
- Technical consultations on materials issues related to USDA, CFIA or SENASICA certification.
- Non-confidential product review summaries upon request.
- Quarterly mailings of the OMRI Materials Review newsletter.
- NOSB meeting reports and materials decisions.
- Updates reflecting regulatory changes. Note: if you unsubscribe from our email provider, you will not receive updates from OMRI.
- Special reports on international standards, rulemaking or other topics as created.
- Special projects and trainings upon request.
How much does it cost?
To address the size diversity among certifying organizations, OMRI has developed a 20-tier system. The number of certified parties determines the tier and the number of free copies of the OMRI Products List© and OMRI Generic Materials List©.
|Table of Subscription Costs for Certifying Subscribers|
Quantity of Free Lists
- Certified Entity is a domestic or international producer, handler, or processor certified by an NOP-accredited certifier for compliance with the USDA National Organic Program regulations.
- The Tier 1 fee applies to all non-NOP accredited certifiers, regardless of the number of certified entities.
- Some certifiers located in developing countries may qualify for a reduced subscription rate. Contact OMRI to learn more about how to apply this rate.
- The subscription year for certifiers extends from July 1 to June 30. If you are subscribing after July 1 for a partial year, or if you would like to pay in quarterly or semi-annual installments, please contact OMRI to learn about options for prorating your subscription amount.
- Free copies do not include shipping. OMRI will bill subscribing certifiers for all costs related to shipping free copies.
USDA, CFIA and SENASICA accredited certifier subscribers have the option of signing an OMRI Certifier Contract. The contract serves to formally establish OMRI as an external input review service provider for the contracting certifier. To include the contract, check below to add the contract fee and be sure to download and submit your signed contract. Download Contract.
Please read and retain a copy of the Service Agreement, which contains important information about the OMRI Certifier Subscription service. Then check the box below to confirm that you understand this agreement.