OMRI is Hiring a Technical Assistant
The Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) is a leading nonprofit organization working to strengthen the organic industry. OMRI operates an internationally recognized evaluation program that reviews and lists input products for use in producing, processing, and handling organic foods and fiber. OMRI Listed® products may be allowed for use in operations that are certified organic under the USDA National Organic Program, Canadian Organic Standards, and Mexico Organic Standards.
Location: Eugene, Oregon (Learn more about the City of Eugene).
Due to COVID-19, this position would be remote for the foreseeable future, and you would be working from home temporarily until we can return to the office.
Overview of Position
We are looking to fill a key position on our team. The Technical Assistant will be responsible for providing support to the OMRI Technical Department by assisting with document management, projects, invoicing, certifier support, and other duties as assigned. The Technical Assistant reports to the Technical Director.
Starting salary $34,500 per year, DOE
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every one of the qualifications listed. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet every one of our qualifications listed. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, please feel free to contact us to discuss your application.
- Provide superior customer service, including answering non-technical questions from subscribing certifiers, OMRI staff, and the public.
- Support communications between the Technical Department and other departments at OMRI through organizing and scheduling meetings, acting on action items, and participating in cross-departmental teams as needed.
- Provide administrative support to the Technical Department, including data entry and data organization, invoice creation and tracking, drafting announcements and notifications, etc.
- Ensure that work is completed in line with OMRI’s quality management system, and update procedures and processes as requested.
- Thoroughly understand and implement OMRI administrative policies.
- Draft or revise document templates and work instructions as requested.
- Adhere with OMRI’s Quality System.
- Properly manage confidential business information.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two or more years of experience working in an office environment preferred.
- High level of attention to detail and ability to process complex information and instructions.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Superior written and oral communications skills.
- Willingness to participate in professional development activities, and ability to acquire new skills and adapt to change quickly.
- Ability to work constructively as part of a dynamic team.
- Proficiency in standard office software.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, organize information, complete tasks in a timely fashion, and appropriately handle confidential business information.
- Familiarity with and support for the organic community.
- Familiarity with creating and managing documents using Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience working with federal regulations.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends, if required
- Ability to occasionally travel domestically, if required
- Ability to provide annual motor vehicle report and proof of auto insurance, if required
- Full time position with competitive salary
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision plan
- 25-50% employer contribution to dependent medical, vision and dental plans
- 100% employer-paid life insurance, long term disability and short term disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Opportunities for flexible scheduling
- Opportunities for training and professional development
- Bike-friendly business and support for alternative transportation options
- Small nonprofit organization with established team and leading role in organic industry
- Casual, fun work environment
April 2, 2021
How to apply
Submit your resume and cover letter as a PDF or Word document to email@example.com referencing Technical Assistant in the subject line. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
OMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
OMRI is committed to fostering an inclusive and welcoming work environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, performance and business needs.