OMRI is Hiring a PC Support Specialist
The Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) is a leading nonprofit organization working to strengthen the organic industry. OMRI operates an internationally recognized evaluation program that reviews and lists input products for use in producing, processing and handling organic food and fiber. OMRI Listed® products may be allowed for use in operations that are certified organic under the USDA National Organic Program or Canadian Organic standards.
Location: Eugene, Oregon (Learn more about the City of Eugene)
Overview of Position
We are looking to fill a key position on our IT team. The PC Support Specialist will be responsible for supporting OMRI’s Information Technology infrastructure, and providing software and hardware support to OMRI staff. The PC Support Specialist reports to the Network Manager. The ideal candidate will have proven experience with desk-side support, hardware, software and networks. We are most interested in a PC Support Specialist who enjoys helping staff and learns quickly.
Starting salary $42,500 per year, DOE
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every one of the qualifications listed. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet every one of our qualifications listed. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, please feel free to contact us to discuss your application.
- Provide technical support for OMRI staff
- Respond to requests for general computer assistance from OMRI staff by troubleshooting, solving and documenting problems with hardware and software
- Present both on-the-spot and formal trainings for OMRI staff on how to perform common tasks using standard office software as well as specialized tasks using OMRI's custom database
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field preferred
- 2 years of experience with PC support required
- Strong customer service skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work constructively as part of a dynamic team
- Ability to exhibit pleasant, professional attitude resolving service requests
- Ability to organize information, prioritize multiple tasks, and complete assignments in a timely fashion
- Ability to process complex information and instructions
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve independently
- Ability to handle confidential business information appropriately
- Willingness to participate in professional development activities, and ability to acquire new skills and adapt to change quickly required.
- Ability to identify customer service opportunities and improve customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated knowledge of the following:
- Active Directory
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and networking
- Help Desk
- Windows 7, 10: installation and troubleshooting, software and hardware
- PC imaging
- Microsoft Office products
- Server OS
- Anti-virus applications
- Mobile technology (phones, wireless, Bluetooth)
- Familiarity with and support for the organic community
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends, if required
- Ability to occasionally travel domestically, if required
- Ability to provide annual motor vehicle report and proof of auto insurance, if required
- Full time position with competitive salary
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision plan
- 100% employer-paid life insurance, long term disability and short term disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous paid time off
- Opportunities for flexible scheduling
- Opportunities for training and professional development
- Bike-friendly business with support for alternative transportation options
- Small nonprofit organization with established team and leading role in organic industry
- Casual, fun work environment
Open until filled.
How to apply
Submit your resume and cover letter as PDF or Microsoft Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing "PC Support Specialist" in the subject line. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone Calls, Please.
OMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
OMRI is committed to fostering an inclusive and welcoming work environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, performance and business needs.