OMRI is Hiring a Website Developer
If you are looking to use your web development skills to further a cause you can believe in, while creating a balance between your professional and personal life, OMRI’s Website Developer position might be a great fit.
OMRI places a strong emphasis on fostering a positive and flexible working environment. We believe that life-work balance and open, positive communication are essential for the success and happiness of our staff, for the success of OMRI’s mission, and for the sustainability of our organization.
OMRI is seeking a Website Developer to develop and maintain OMRI’s website. Reporting to the IT Manager, the Website Developer will help ensure that OMRI’s material and product data is accessible and searchable via OMRI’s website, and suppliers, subscribers, certifiers and other visitors can easily find applications and information on OMRI.org.
The Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) is a leading nonprofit organization working to strengthen the organic industry. OMRI operates an internationally recognized evaluation program that reviews and lists inputs products for use in producing, processing, and handling organic foods and fiber. OMRI Listed® products are deemed appropriate to be used in operations that are certified organic under the USDA National Organic Program.
Location: Eugene, Oregon (Learn more about the City of Eugene)
- Develop and maintain OMRI's website currentl built in Drupal by creating features and updating themes and other elements
- Maintain OMRI's website infrastructure, including creating and managing deployment and testing environments and managing relationships with hosting and domain name providers and managing relationships with hosting and domain name providers
- Coordinate website projects help establish the scope of web improvement projects with other OMRI staff
- Provide assistance and educate responsible staff members about managing content
- Research emerging web technology, ensuring that OMRI's web offerings use up-to-date, high productivity and flexible frameworks
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, or a related field preferred
- 1-3 years of experience with website design, development and management required
- Frameworks such as ASP.NET, AngularJS, Backbone, Ember, KnockoutJS or similar
- Relational database such as MySQL or MS SQL Server
- Version control system such as Git
- User interface layout in Drupal or similar
- Familiarity with iterative processes and continuous deployment
- Strong customer service skills
- Superior written and oral communications skills
- Willingness to participate in professional development activities, and ability to acquire new skills and adapt to change quickly
- Ability to work contstructively as part of a dynamic team
- Proficiency in standard office software
- High level of attention to detail, and ability to process complex information and instructions
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, organize information, complete tasks in a timely fashion, and appropriately handle confidential business information
- Familiarity with and support for the organic community
- Experience with issue tracking systems
- Experience developing custom Drupal modules
- Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, gimp, or other graphic design software
- Experience developing mobile apps, either native or with responsive design
- Full-time position with competitive salary
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision plan
- 100% employer-paid life insurance, long term disability and short term disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Opportunities for flexible scheduling
- Opportunities for training and professional development
- Bike-friendly business with support for alternative transportation options
- Small nonprofit organization with established team and leading role in organic industry
- Casual, fun work environment
Open until filled
How to apply
Submit your resume and cover letter in English to: email@example.com referencing Website Developer in the subject line.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Phone Calls, Please.
This job description is intended as a guide only, and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied.