OMRI is Hiring a Marketing Assistant
OMRI is a growing nonprofit organization working to strengthen the organic industry. OMRI runs an internationally recognized evaluation program for material inputs used in organic agriculture and food processing. The organization also operates a valuable information service, which distributes lists of products and materials suitable for use in USDA certified organic production.
Overview of position
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist the OMRI Marketing Manager and to perform tasks related to outreach, publications and general marketing of OMRI.
Qualified candidates will have some background in marketing or a related discipline.
- Coordinate and send printed and electronic communications
- Maintain marketing files and archived materials
- Coordinate reservations, materials and planning for staff marketing trips, exhibits and presentations
- Participate in the development of website content, including some website editing and related activities
- Perform administrative tasks related to OMRI's marketing efforts, including data entry and mailings
- Regular administrative duties including: monthly staff report, staff meetings, etc
- Bachelors degree in marketing, communications, or related field preferred
- Two years experience working in an office environment, with customer service experience preferred
- One year of experience working in marketing is preferred
Desired skills and abilities
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Fluency with standard office software (Word, Excel, internet, and email programs)
- Experience with Adobe software (including InDesign)
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and organize information
- Ability to quickly learn and assimilate technical information on materials
- Capacity to communicate technical and regulatory information to a non-technical audience
- Half-time (50% FTE) position with competitive wages ($13.00 - 14.00/hour)
- Small nonprofit organization with established team and demonstrated commercial success
- Opportunities for training
- Casual, fun work environment
June 1, 2012, 5pm PST
How to apply
- Send your resume, cover letter, and a copy of a completed OMRI Application Form in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Or, you may mail your resume, cover letter, and application to: OMRI, Attn: Amy Bradsher, Marketing Manager, PO Box 11558, Eugene, OR 97440.
- Please specify that you are applying for the Marketing Assistant position.
- No phone calls, please.